Friday, October 10, 2008

ONENESS

John 17:8 “For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.”

Jesus is praying to the Father. He says He came forth from the Father, or
“came out of” the Father.(CLNT) The Father and the son are ONE. Can we say that the Son was birthed or created out of the Father?

John 17:21 “that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.”

One common frustration the body of Christ shares is the unbelief in the world. There are many reasons we give for that: “it’s not their time”, “they are too comfortable, life has been too good for them”, “they are captives of the Adversary”, “generational curse or tough up bringing”, “they were just born in the wrong community (country)”, etc….

Let me pose another even greater reason for their lack of belief. From the words of Jesus Himself…”that they all may be one,…that the world may believe that You sent Me.”

Point: The world will not believe in Jesus Christ when there is so much segregation in the church. When there is disunity among a group/sect/body of believers there is question as to the validity of the belief. If Jesus is the Son of God why can’t the churches agree? Why not ONE church as the bible teaches? Where is the ONENESS in the body of Christ?

Grace, MB

4 comments:

LORI said...

I don't understand it either..it is such a huge problem, I can't even wrap my mind around it. I don't even know where to begin on how to bring it together...I wish, the Holy spirit would send this loud pulsating beat, like a drum, drilling all of us who know him, instructing us on what to do...demanding the way it should be...scaring the crap out of all of us..Maybe for just one whole day, and then I bet we would all come together...Or everyone who knows him have the exact same dream or something....Please God...send us one...lol. Make it easy for us..lol.
Everyone is so nit picky..I dont know why that is..Maybe like in Ephesians 4:18-25. We don't all die to our old self completely. We let desires influence us. I don't know. But if we could all pull together..it would be awesome! We really could move mountains then.. It's a shame. Now that makes me wonder if God is disappointed in us. It seems what he ment it to be and what it really is doesn't come close. I believe in individuals it does, but as a whole, I'm ashamed. I have a brain block...going to bed, maybe I'll awake with a fresh idea.

Goodnight
Lori

Matt Brungard said...

Paul said in Phillipians to "work out your own salvation" or in the Concordant "be carrying your own salvation into effect". Salvation in a gift, Jesus did the work, that's as easy as it gets. However our job now is not easy. Paraphrased...get out of the house! What I mean by that is we need to be carrying our salvation to the world around us, and that's not always easy. It's much easier to stay home after a long days work, but if we'll give a little extra time to those around us, it may mean listening to a co-workers probem, or just reading a book to Sidney, God will work through us for His delight, He'll speak the words for us or just make us listen, but he'll do the accomplishing, not us. Phillipians 2:12-13. So that no flesh will glory in him/herself, but "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord". 1 Corinthians 1:29,31

Matt Brungard said...

Lori, you think like I do, deep thoughts, but good thoughts. Thanks for your imput. Always like to hear what you have to say.

LORI said...

THANKS MATT...