Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ephesians 4:29 What's in your pallet?

I love that Capital One commercial with the catch phrase, "What's in your wallet?" It's amazing people are surviving this brutal world. I'm continually impressed with the fortitude and strength people have to cope with what life throws at them. Natural disasters are one thing, but when your people, your community, your friends and family say things that just downright hurt, it's tough. Sticks and stones hurt, and so do names.

I was recently given some advice from a Godly woman who just lost her husband suddenly. She was feeling guilty because she didn't love her husband like he loved her. His love was unconditional and her love was conditional. She had never allowed herself to accept him as he was and this created a critical spirit inside her. She felt bad because every time she said I love you to him it felt like there was a stipulation tagged on to it. "I love you, because you did some laundry." "I love you because you bought me that dress." "I love you because you noticed." In talking with her she challenged me to forgive my wife and love her unconditionally.

She also challenged me to memorize scriptures that would strengthen my marriage, because scripture is the only weapon we have to fight against the Adversary, the devil, and destroying marriages is his priority. The first one I memorized was Ephesians 4:29, "Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that you may impart grace to the hearers". What's in your pallet?

Grace, MB

No comments: