Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ephesians 4:1-32 The believers walk

There's no room for constructive criticism these days. It's all about being politically correct and not offending your neighbor. Christians need to be tolerant. Does that bother you? It does me, until I read this chapter. It all makes sense now. Paul explains the way the world thinks in verses 17-19 and why they do what they do. Because "their understanding is darkened", because the "natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can they know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Corinthians 2:14). Only 3 verses out of 32 describe the world, the rest describes what Christians should be. Here's the point, we need to love those that don't love Jesus, because we've all been there. (I didn't say condone their actions.)

There was a time in my life when I was closed to God because I wasn't ready, nothing anyone said was sinking in, I thought it was foolishness. But then the Spirit of God started to convict me, starting softening my heart, and I started listening. God sent special people into my life when the soils of my heart were tilled and ready for planting. Then those seeds began to sprout and take root. You know, when I look back it was nothing short of a miracle that I put my trust in Jesus Christ for my salvation and that I am in love with Him and passionate about Him to this day. The faith that took root in my heart was nothing I created or conjured up, it was totally a gift from God. I was chosen by Him before the foundation of the world, "...having predestined me to adoption as a son by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved." (Ephesians 1:4-6) There was no accidents. The only reason you are taking the time to read this today is because you are a part of the chosen, God has predestined you. Don't run from the peace that passes all understanding, accept Him today as your Savior, you won't be sorry.

Grace, MB

1 comment:

LORI said...

THAT WAS AWESOME MATT!