Saturday, June 7, 2008

Romans 12:3-21

Romans 12:3 What does this look like practically? First, let's get off our high horse. We have nothing that wasn't given to us and it could be taken away at any moment. We've all seen that sad story over and over, just watch the news or better yet, Entertainment Tonight (ET).

Verse 9 Don't fake it, be sincere. The Message bible says, "love from the center of who you are". That's scary for most of us, but you know what, we're all a work in progress,nobody has arrived. And I'd much rather hang around someone who is real, at least you know what to expect.

Verse 10 The greek word for brotherly love is phileo. To me this is work, I don't always feel like treating my wife, kids, parents, friends, and Joe Schmuck as more important than myself. And believe me, it doesn't always happen. Paul continues to give us the recipe for christian conduct, which has no place for pride, but much humility.

Verses 17-21 In light of our countries current situation in the Middle East, did our country respond biblically to the terrorist attack? What about the country of Iraq? If you were president, what would you do now?

Grace, Matt

No comments: