Saturday, August 2, 2008

I Press On, like Bob

Tonight I write this post with a heavy heart. My good friend and brother in Christ, Bob M., left us at around 8:30 ET, and is now awaiting the resurrection of the saints when Christ comes to meets us in the air. No more pain, no more suffering, no more tears, no more wishing he could do all the things he couldn't do, Bob is finally home. I'm gonna miss you friend. I didn't get to spend as much time with you as I would of wanted, we never do, but the time I did share with you never failed to challenge me. It never failed to make me a better person. Bob, you had an enthusiasm for life, a great optimism, the consummate encourager, and most of all no shame for the gospel of Jesus Christ. We have big shoes to fill from this night on. Brandy our prayers go out to you and your family, and to all those whose lives will be forever changed. Thanks Bob, you are my hero and mentor; of course I know you wouldn't like me saying that hero stuff, but that's too bad. You can quit being so humble now. There's one verse that comes to mind when I think about you tonight, "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me". (Phillipians 3:12) Bob you knew how to "press on".

Love ya, Matt B

P.S. Thanks for being a part of our bible studies and for coming to my surprise birthday party. I'll still keep the picture of you and I on this blog site to remind all of us to "press on".

No comments: