Monday, March 9, 2009

Becareful what you say!

Proverbs 23:7 says, "For as he thinketh within himself, so is he:"

I was reminded today of a very important truth. I've heard it so many times and yet I continue to forget how important this truth is. Be careful what you say! I understand as most of you do how important it is to chose your words carefully, especially those you speak to others.

Ephesians 4:29 "Let no corrupt speech proceed out of your mouth, but such as is good for edifying as the need may be, that it may give grace to them that hear."

But what about yourself? I was reminded today how important it really is. I had two clients who I've been seeing for some time now, both with a myriad of symptoms, complaining to me for what seemed like hours, maybe 20 minutes. What they said was similar to what they told me last time, but today it hit me. They had nothing positive to say. Every time they said "I am" or "my" it was followed with something negative. The more I thought about it the more I realized that most of the people with chronic conditions have the same thing in common. They speak negative about themselves. They heard it so long that now they believe what they've been saying and their bodies have morphed into that person. They own their illness and no one is going to take that away from them. It's their identity. They are powerless to change their circumstance because it's not their fault, it's somebody else's fault. You don't have to read some self-help book to learn this principle, it's nothing new, just read the Good Book, it's amazing what you can learn about everyday problems.

Mat 12:36 And I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.


Gal 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Grace, MB

2 comments:

LORI said...

I SOOOO AGREE WITH YOU....I EVEN THINK THAT SOME PEOPLE CREATE THEIR ILLNESS BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY SAY AND FEEL AND THINK. LIKE WHEN I GET A HEADACHE, IF I KEEP THINKING ABOUT HOW BAD IT HURTS; IT HURTS. I ALWAYS THINK ABOUT HOW THE PAIN IS HARDLY THERE, AND HOW;"YES! IT'S GOING A WAY, I CAN HARDLY FEEL IT" I VERY RARELY EVER HAVE TO TAKE MEDICATION, IT JUST FADES AWAY WITH MY POSITIVE THOUGHTS. WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT YOU BRING ABOUT.
REALIZING THIS LAST YEAR HAS TURNED MY LIFE AROUND. YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE THIS AND IF YOU GET GOOD AT IT, YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR WHOLE LIFE JUST BY THINKING OR TALKING ABOUT IT AND I BELIEVE THIS WITH MY WHOLE HEART. GOD HAS DESIGNED OUR LIVES TO WORK THIS WAY AND GOD HAS SO MANY BLESSING OUT THERE FOR YOU THAT YOU MISS OUT ON BECAUSE YOU JUST DON'T GET IT YET....

LORI said...

IF I COULD JUST CONVINCE MYSELF THAT I AM A SIZE 9...MY LIFE WOULD REALLY CHANGE....LOL....LIKE I SAID IT TAKES PRACTICE...